Monday, January 14, 2019

He is Counting on You


He is counting on you

1 Timothy 1:12 has fascinated me for many years. The Apostle Paul writes, I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.

Here we discover some very important keys to living in the will of God. First, we see that Jesus is the provider of the strength and ability we need. Secondly, we see that the Lord is counting on us to be faithful with what he gives. And third, we see that the purpose of what he gives us is to serve him.

The most amazing part of this verse is the realization that Jesus is counting on us to be faithful. Paul said that he received the strength he needed to serve the Lord because the Lord considered him to be trustworthy. What a marvelous thought, that the Almighty God of the universe is considering us to be entrusted with his call, his purpose, and his strength. 

As I mediate on this, I find it to be both humbling and inspiring. Knowing that the Lord is counting on me to be faithful causes me to become more dependent on him, because I know I cannot fulfill his expectations on my own. And knowing that the Lord has called me into his service is stimulating and  encouraging. There is nothing greater to live for, and that gives me confidence that he will supply what is needed for success.

That's what Empower NBCA School of Ministry is all about. Learning to navigate the call of God upon our lives. Embrace the call because he is counting on us to be faithful and trustworthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment